As an experienced ecommerce seller, I often get questions from customers about purchasing mattresses online. One of the most common is: "Does Walmart deliver mattresses?"
The quick answer is yes, Walmart does provide delivery for all mattress purchases made on their website or in-store. But what exactly does the process entail?
In this detailed guide, I‘ll share insider insights on how Walmart handles mattress shipping and delivery. Whether you‘re buying compressed mattress-in-a-box models or bulky full-size mattresses, this info will ensure your purchase and delivery goes smoothly.
Overview of Walmart‘s Mattress Delivery Services
Walmart leverages both national shipping carriers and third party freight companies to deliver mattresses purchased on their platform. This enables convenient, affordable delivery on all types of mattresses.
For compressed mattress-in-a-box options bought online, Walmart ships via UPS, FedEx or USPS. Standard ground shipping is free for orders over $35.
Larger, bulkier mattresses purchased in-store require freight delivery, which costs between $79-$99. Walmart outsources professional movers for these deliveries.
Based on my experience, Walmart provides reliable mattress delivery to most locations in the continental US. I‘ve seen up to 99% coverage across the country. Be sure to enter your zip code on their website to confirm availability in your area.
Wide Range of Mattresses Available from Walmart
One perk of buying from Walmart is the vast mattress selection across styles, sizes and price points. As an ecommerce seller, I appreciate the variety they offer customers.
Here‘s an overview of the main mattress types available:
|Mattress Type||Description||Sample Brands|
|Memory Foam||Conforming comfort; molds to body shape||Zinus, Lucid, Linenspa|
|Innerspring||Traditional design with steel coil support||Serta, Beautyrest, Signature Design|
|Hybrid||Foam layers combined with coil support||Allswell, DreamCloud|
|Latex||Contours to body; responsive support||Spindle, Nest Bedding|
|Kids||Designed for growing children||Mainstays, Zinus|
|Mattress-in-a-box||Compressed and shippable||Walmart‘s Allswell brand|
This diverse selection allows shoppers to find the ideal mattress based on their sleep style, firmness preference, and budget.
Walmart‘s affordable private label brands compete with premium names like Tempur-Pedic and Stearns & Foster. Overall mattress prices range from under $150 for basic twin sizes up to $2,500+ for high-end king mattresses.
I recommend browsing Walmart‘s online mattress assortment and reading detailed customer reviews. This gives you the best sense of real-world comfort and durability.
How Walmart Ships Mattress Orders
The delivery process differs slightly depending on whether you purchase online or in-store. Here‘s how Walmart handles shipping for each method:
Online Mattress-in-a-Box Orders
For compressed mattress-in-a-box models purchased on Walmart.com, shipping is straightforward. They are delivered right to your door via UPS, FedEx or USPS.
Walmart covers standard ground shipping fees on any online orders over $35. Expedited shipping options are also available for an added cost.
Online shoppers can select their preferred 4-hour delivery window at checkout. Once the package arrives, you simply unbox the mattress and allow time for it to decompress and inflate to full size.
In-Store Bulk Mattress Orders
If you purchase a traditional full-size mattress in-store at Walmart, delivery is conducted by third party freight carriers. This professional white glove delivery typically costs between $79-$99.
According to Walmart‘s website, standard freight delivery takes 5-10 business days on average after your order processing is complete.
Customers can also pay extra for premium delivery upgrades like nighttime or weekend delivery to accommodate their schedule.
The delivery team will bring your new mattress into the room of your choice and remove all packaging debris. Most brands also offer free haul-away of your old mattress when buying a replacement. This convenient mattress removal service is a nice perk that saves you time and effort.
6 Tips for Preparing for Walmart Mattress Delivery
Based on my sales experience, here are some tips to ensure your mattress delivery and setup goes smoothly:
1. Accurately measure your space. Confirm you have adequate room for the mattress dimensions you ordered. This prevents returns and exchanges.
2. Clear a pathway. Ensure the delivery team can easily access the bedroom or area where the mattress will be set up. Move any obstructing furniture or objects out of the way.
3. Stage tools and bedding. Have a utility knife ready to safely open boxed mattresses. Also have your mattress protector and sheets nearby for quick setup.
4. Be present during delivery. Make sure you or another responsible adult is home to receive the delivery and inspect your purchase.
5. Allow time for expansion. Boxable mattresses require 1-3 days to fully decompress and air out. Don‘t sleep on it immediately.
6. Recycle old mattress. If you‘re replacing a mattress, recycling old mattress prevents waste. Walmart can remove and recycle it for you for a small fee.
Following these simple tips will lead to a smooth, convenient mattress delivery experience with Walmart. Their shipping process makes it easy to get a mattress straight to your bedroom.
Key Factors to Consider When Buying a Walmart Mattress
Here are a few important considerations I recommend keeping in mind:
- Return policies – Walmart offers 90 days to initiate a mattress return. Return shipping costs are not covered. Be absolutely sure before purchasing.
- Warranties – Most models have at least 3 year coverage; premium brands up to 10 years. Review policies closely.
- Discounts – Walmart routinely offers mattress sales and Rollback Specials worth checking for. I‘ve seen up to $200 off.
- Reviews – Customer reviews provide unfiltered feedback on comfort, quality, and durability. Take time to read them.
- Inventory – Don‘t assume all mattresses are stocked in-store. Browsing online shows full selection.
The bottom line in my experience is Walmart provides quality mattresses at affordable prices. But carefully review return policies and warranties before committing.
The Takeaway: Walmart is a Solid Option for Convenient, Affordable Mattress Delivery
At the end of the day, Walmart delivers an excellent combination of selection, pricing, and convenience for mattress purchases.
They make it simple to browse top brands online, take advantage of regular sales and discounts, and get your new mattress quickly delivered right to your home.
While Walmart may not match the experience of a dedicated mattress showroom, its perks make it worth strong consideration – especially if you prefer making purchases online.
So in summary, yes – Walmart absolutely does deliver mattresses in 2023! I hope this detailed guide provides all the insight you need to buy a mattress at Walmart hassle-free. Let me know if you have any other questions!