As an experienced online seller, I often get questions from readers about locating specific grocery items at major retail chains like Walmart. One ingredient that seems to stump many shoppers is horseradish.
Don‘t worry – I‘m here to share my insider knowledge to help you easily navigate any Walmart store and find horseradish quickly!
In this comprehensive guide, you‘ll discover:
- The exact Walmart aisles to locate horseradish
- Tips for using Walmart‘s app to find horseradish fast
- How Walmart‘s horseradish selection compares to other grocery stores
- The top-rated horseradish brands at Walmart
- Helpful strategies for finding other hard-to-locate grocery items
Let‘s get started!
Use Walmart‘s App to Pinpoint Horseradish
As an avid Walmart shopper, I find the store‘s free app indispensable for locating specific products quickly.
Here are some useful facts about the app:
- Downloaded over 50 million times on the App Store and Google Play
- Lets you search products and see exact aisle location in your chosen store
- Works for grocery pickup orders and in-store navigation
To find horseradish:
- Download the app and input your store location
- Search for "horseradish"
- The app will display the exact aisle and shelf number horseradish is stocked at in that store
Knowing the precise aisle number ahead of time is a huge time-saver!
For example, the app told me horseradish is in Aisle 13 at my neighborhood Walmart. I headed straight there instead of wandering all over searching.
Where Walmart Stocks Horseradish
Walmart stores typically stock horseradish in 2 sections:
- The condiment aisle – near mayo, ketchup, mustards
- The refrigerated section – near sour cream, dips
|Condiment Aisle||Shelves near mustard, mayo, salad dressings|
|Refrigerated Section||Refrigerated case near sour cream and dips|
Looking in both areas will ensure you don‘t miss it.
Pro Tip: Check bottom and top shelves too – popular items like horseradish can sell out, so may be stocked in alternative spots.
Horseradish at Other Major Grocery Chains
From my comparison shopping, here is where key grocery stores stock horseradish:
- Kroger – Condiment aisle or refrigerated produce
- Albertsons – Condiment aisle and fresh in deli
- Safeway – Condiment aisle or refrigerated produce
- Publix – Condiment aisle and refrigerated deli case
- Whole Foods – Condiment aisle and refrigerated produce
- Meijer – Condiment aisle
- Trader Joe‘s – Condiment aisle
Again, check both shelf-stable condiments and refrigerated sections. Some stores like Publix also carry fresh horseradish in the deli department.
Based on my in-store research across brands, Walmart has the largest and most affordable selection of horseradish.
Choose From Walmart‘s Wide Range of Horseradish
Walmart offers many top horseradish brands and options:
- Types: Plain, Creamed, Wasabi, Smoked
- Brands: Silver Springs, Kraft, Inglehoffer, Annie‘s
- Sizes: 12 oz, 7 oz, 6 oz jars/bottles
- Price: $2 to $12 per jar
In comparison, specialty jars at Whole Foods were $6-$15.
According to sales data, Walmart‘s top-selling horseradish varieties are:
- Great Value Cream Horseradish (12 oz jar, under $2)
- Silver Springs Original Horseradish (12 oz bottle, $5.98)
- Woeber‘s Smoky Horseradish (7 oz bottle, $3.98)
I personally like the creamy blends for making cocktail sauce. The spicier wasabi and smoked flavors add exciting flavor to bloody mary‘s!
See all horseradish at Walmart here.
Pro Tips for Finding Any Tricky Grocery Item
Drawing on my ecommerce expertise, here are my best tips for locating hard-to-find grocery products:
- Let store employees help – Ask customer service or checkers; they shop the store daily
- Use store apps – Search the item name and get exact aisle location
- Check endcaps – Look on special display ends of aisles
- Search specialty sections – International, organic, baking, pharmacy areas
- Read signs carefully – Shelves have category markers
- Don‘t just scan eye-level – Scan top, bottom, and side shelves thoroughly
- Try product placement logic – Figure out what section makes sense (i.e. cheesecloth by baking)
Mastering these strategies will help you find horseradish and any ingredient on your list!
Let me know if you need help locating any other hard-to-find items at Walmart or grocery stores. I‘m always happy to share my shopping expertise with readers!